[Help]Weapon Model is Invisible!

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
Josko

[Help]Weapon Model is Invisible!

Post by Josko »

An half life 1 weapon model that I decompiled, and recompiled with Milkshape 3d as a MD3 appears invisible. No idea why.

Im very new to this stuff, and I havn't seen any tutorials about converting half life models into MD3!

I imported all the SMD files, including the animations, then included all the textures in a separate .pk3 folder called Models, also all the textures are converted from BMP to PNG.

No idea what I'm doing wrong here though :/
Last edited by Josko on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cherno

Re: [Help]Weapon Model is Invisible!

Post by Cherno »

Is is possible that the model is visible but outside of the field of view? Maybe the axis orientation is wrong. Try using the rotation and offset properties in MODELDEF in increments of 90 degrees and see if it comes into view.
Josko

Post by Josko »

It's from the Lambda mod Im replacing the model, v_9mmhandgun but with the slide moving when shooting for realism, I found that model on gamebanana. And Lambda mod already has a proper Modeldef for that gun, its essentially the exact same gun but with slide moving when shooting.

Is there something else im supposed to do after I have imported all the SMD files including animations?

I would love a tutorial to get a half life 1 weapon working and playable in GZDoom , hell I would pay good money for that :P
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Well, to make sure the model is valid you can open the MD3 file in Noesis Model Viewer. If it shows there, it should be good to go.
Josko

Post by Josko »

Cherno wrote:Well, to make sure the model is valid you can open the MD3 file in Noesis Model Viewer. If it shows there, it should be good to go.
Lmao it dosn't show. Then the MD3 isn't compiled right then. Well shit.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Use Noesis to export to MD3 then :)

Return to “Assets (and other stuff)”