"picname" (episode name) generator

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
monstario

"picname" (episode name) generator

Post by monstario »

I have a multiple-episode .wad with no episode picnames, so GZDoom generates them automatically. However, it doesn't differentiate capital and small letters, and thus the names look slightly different than the official episodes and even take less horizontal space, making it all look pretty bad. So I tried to find a picname generator and include that pic in .wad, using the standing Doom low-res menu font, but I couldn't find anything like that. I'm using SLADE. So how do I generate an episode picname from plain text?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: "picname" (episode name) generator

Post by wildweasel »

If you include Jimmy's DBigFont Upper font from his official font resource thread, the episodes menu will respect upper/lowercase letters. (It'll also affect HUD messages and the like.)
monstario

Re: "picname" (episode name) generator

Post by monstario »

It replaced options and messages fonts, but episode titles are still all lowercase. I double-checked MAPINFO and they are indeed capitalized properly there.

-------------

Now that I've tried Jimmy's Doom 93 font, it changed only the episode names, but not anything else (no menu or messages). What gives? If that helps, I'm trying to pretty-up episode names in "The Lost Episodes of Doom v2" mod ( JM2-1.wad ). I'm loading it after "doom2.wad".

Return to “Assets (and other stuff)”