Sprites displaying underneath the floor

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Sprites displaying underneath the floor

Post by Guest »

Hello, i'm currently making a wad, and of course it will have custom enemies, but i'm having a little problem, the sprites are not displaying where they should be
they are appearing underneath the floor, the fix i currently found it was flipping the sprite up-side-down, and changing the scale on the decorate to a negative number
but it doesn't work that well, the sprite displays outside the hitbox that it's supposed to be fitted, and it looks so damn weird and ugly, the problem is even worse with projectiles
this only appears to happens with sprites that i created or added, but when i paste other sprites made by other people they display correctly
Enjay

Re: Sprites displaying underneath the floor

Post by Enjay »

Have you used a tool of some sort (e.g. Slade) to give your sprites suitable offsets?
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Heh, thanks. I had completely forgotten that I'd posted that. I was even thinking about recreating something like it (without realising that it would have been a re-creation). :)

Return to “Assets (and other stuff)”