TitleMusic in OGG format refuses to loop

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
DnB-Freak

TitleMusic in OGG format refuses to loop

Post by DnB-Freak »

Due to the community It's possible to loop TitleMusic(MAPINFO) in OGG Vorbis format using the tags LOOP_START=[SMP] & LOOP_END=[SMP].
I used FooBar2000 to add these tags into a custom OGG Music supposed to loop infinitely.
According to the WIKI: https://zdoom.org/wiki/Audio_loop
It's supposed to work, but for me it doesn't.

When I launch the mod it plays and simply ends without restarting.
The tags I mentioned are included into the OGG inside the WAD, tested TIMIDITY++ among others,
still refuses to loop, just simply stops playing it.

In THIS OGG-file:
44100Hz, 162kbps, stereo
Samples: 448320
LOOP_START=0
LOOP_END=448320

Have I missed something?
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: TitleMusic in OGG format refuses to loop

Post by Chris »

The loop tags are only used when playing music with looping (i.e. they don't make the track loop, they just say how to behave when looping is used if end-to-end looping isn't good enough). IIRC, title music isn't played looping so the loop tags will be ignored. There may be a way to make title music play with looping, but someone else will have to speak on that.
_mental_

Re: TitleMusic in OGG format refuses to loop

Post by _mental_ »

This line triggers music on the title screen and this one explains the meaning of arguments. Notice the third one named looping explicitly set to false from its default value.
There is no problem with tags or their handling. Title music is playing just once (restart of sound system doesn't count).

Return to “Assets (and other stuff)”