Need help getting animated 3D models in Heretic.WAD

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
Formic.Sapien

Need help getting animated 3D models in Heretic.WAD

Post by Formic.Sapien »

Background:
Following up on Biospud's VR port, reddit user u/Fish_Biter added tracked motion controller support which really brings the port into an enjoyable & playable state. I'm a modeler, and I ported the Voxel weapons for vanilla Doom/Doom II weapons, and they work awesome. I was able to get animations by using the ol' MODELDEF (< which I still don't understand 100%). I'm now moving on to getting Voxel weapons up and working for Heretic, but I can't get animations to work.

Here's a pk3 where I've replaced the Guantlets. They show up fine: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WuhS3 ... OGI6drRPXm

Now, when I try to add models to the MODELDEF file, the game complains that there are multiple models defined, and doesn't load.
_mental_

Re: Need help getting animated 3D models in Heretic.WAD

Post by _mental_ »

To be honest your description of the problem has almost no useful information.
Formic.Sapien wrote:Here's a pk3 where I've replaced the Guantlets. They show up fine: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WuhS3 ... OGI6drRPXm
The given .pk3 has incorrect directory structure. The should be no HereticVRWeapons - Copy folder and all files must be placed in the root of the archive.
Formic.Sapien wrote:Now, when I try to add models to the MODELDEF file, the game complains that there are multiple models defined, and doesn't load.
Post complete and up-to-date sample that exhibits the issue. Guess game doesn't work here.

Return to “Assets (and other stuff)”