Need help getting animated 3D models in Heretic.WAD

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Need help getting animated 3D models in Heretic.WAD

Postby Formic.Sapien » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:23 pm

Background:
Following up on Biospud's VR port, reddit user u/Fish_Biter added tracked motion controller support which really brings the port into an enjoyable & playable state. I'm a modeler, and I ported the Voxel weapons for vanilla Doom/Doom II weapons, and they work awesome. I was able to get animations by using the ol' MODELDEF (< which I still don't understand 100%). I'm now moving on to getting Voxel weapons up and working for Heretic, but I can't get animations to work.

Here's a pk3 where I've replaced the Guantlets. They show up fine: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WuhS3WvrwuzaU2ke44hb4pOGI6drRPXm

Now, when I try to add models to the MODELDEF file, the game complains that there are multiple models defined, and doesn't load.
Formic.Sapien

Re: Need help getting animated 3D models in Heretic.WAD

Postby _mental_ » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:41 am

To be honest your description of the problem has almost no useful information.

Formic.Sapien wrote:Here's a pk3 where I've replaced the Guantlets. They show up fine: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WuhS3WvrwuzaU2ke44hb4pOGI6drRPXm

The given .pk3 has incorrect directory structure. The should be no HereticVRWeapons - Copy folder and all files must be placed in the root of the archive.

Formic.Sapien wrote:Now, when I try to add models to the MODELDEF file, the game complains that there are multiple models defined, and doesn't load.

Post complete and up-to-date sample that exhibits the issue. Guess game doesn't work here.
_mental_

Return to Assets