Replacing TITLEPIC

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
POSTALDASH

Replacing TITLEPIC

Post by POSTALDASH »

I'm new to making WAD's, and wan't to know how I can replace TITLEPIC with a new graphic from my image file.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Replacing TITLEPIC

Post by wildweasel »

Your image can be in quite a number of image formats; PNG is recommended since it is lossless and has support for both paletted (Doom palette or embedded) and 24-bit true-color images. If you're putting it in a WAD file, you don't need to do much, just import the image (outside of any S_START/S_END marker lumps) and call it TITLEPIC. If it's a ZIP-based archive, the same thing applies, but it needs to be in the /graphics folder.
POSTALDASH

Post by POSTALDASH »

Thanks alot, dude (or gal) it worked, thanks so much!
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Interesting topic. What about animated title pictures? We desire to fix together one for our game - if possible, of course. It wouldn't be an interactive title screen, just an animated one.
It would be also extremely great if we could somehow drop the gameplay demo, so the titlepic would stay on the screen as long as the player starts/loads a game or anything.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

That's basically what TITLEMAP is for; alternatively you can change the flow of pictures for the standard title screen using MAPINFO.

Return to “Assets (and other stuff)”