UDB Lift question

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
nemesis2002

UDB Lift question

Post by nemesis2002 »

Hello, I have a simple question and I'm assuming it has a simple answer that I'm too dense to see.
I'm making a lift, but the lift stops before becoming equal with the lower floor, making it a small step up to get on the lift.
I want to make the lift lower and become equal in height with the floor, but I can't really figure out how. Any help would be appreciated.
Enjay

Re: UDB Lift question

Post by Enjay »

It sounds like you might be using line type 62 for your lift. It does this (which is why I personally prefer it) but there are other specials. I *think* line type 206 will do you (I'm doing this from memory). I think it defaults to no lip (but I think you can specify lip height if you like - or if not, there is one type that does).

Edit, yes, I was right. Type 206 should do you: [wiki]Plat_DownWaitUpStayLip[/wiki]. Just make sure the lip argument is set to 0.
nemesis2002

Re: UDB Lift question

Post by nemesis2002 »

Enjay wrote:It sounds like you might be using line type 62 for your lift. It does this (which is why I personally prefer it) but there are other specials. I *think* line type 206 will do you (I'm doing this from memory). I think it defaults to no lip (but I think you can specify lip height if you like - or if not, there is one type that does).

Edit, yes, I was right. Type 206 should do you: [wiki]Plat_DownWaitUpStayLip[/wiki]. Just make sure the lip argument is set to 0.
Thank you, this works.

Return to “Mapping”