Are there UDMF equivalents to the MBF21 wall scrollers?

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Are there UDMF equivalents to the MBF21 wall scrollers?

Postby printz » Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:02 am

The MBF21 standard has introduced three Boom linedef specials to scroll tagged wall textures according to trigger linedef's XY offsets (numbered 1024, 1025, 1026). This is an extension of the Boom special which only scrolls statically the trigger linedef's texture, without tag support. What makes these specials stand out is that there's also support for displacement and accelerative scrolling. Looking at the most likely UDMF candidate in ZDoom, Scroll_Texture_Both, it doesn't support more than the static type. The other candidate, Scroll_Texture_Model, only implements the linedef vector model. Scroll_Wall also doesn't seem to have "accel" or "disp" support, not even in its "flags" parameter, according to doc.

I'm adding Eternity support for the MBF21 specials 1024, 1025 and 1026 and I'd like to have an equivalent UDMF parameterized special for it. Did you define any special for it, or can I add a new one and share its definition with you?
printz
Eternity, Eureka and AutoDoom programmer

Github ID: ioan-chera
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Re: Are there UDMF equivalents to the MBF21 wall scrollers?

Postby Gez » Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:18 am

It looks like the docs simply weren't updated. The special you want is Scroll_Texture_Offsets. I'll try to puzzle out the new args.
Last edited by Gez on Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gez

Re: Are there UDMF equivalents to the MBF21 wall scrollers?

Postby printz » Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:24 am

Great, thanks. I'll use that, then.
printz
Eternity, Eureka and AutoDoom programmer

Github ID: ioan-chera
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Return to Mapping