Why the heck isn't my 3D Floor showing up?

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Why the heck isn't my 3D Floor showing up?

Postby ToxicBlade_2505 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:03 am

I'm just gonna get to the point. For some reason, a 3D floor, is not showing up in doom builder. I gave it a tag, made a dummy sector to make it have a 3D floor, yet it doesn't work. There's NO mistake. Yet this stupid 3D floor won't show up.

lavalabs at 2021.12.05 16-01-36.869 [R3851].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ToxicBlade_2505

Re: Why the heck isn't my 3D Floor showing up?

Postby Logan MTM » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:58 am

Check the dummy sector Ceiling/Floor values.
Last edited by Logan MTM on Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Logan MTM
I can see you...

Postby Enjay » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:31 pm

And make sure that the opacity argument of the 3D floor line is at 255 (for fully opaque).
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Wilhelmina Bommlelock » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:32 pm

There's also "Toggle Enhanced Rendering Effects" option which will disable showing 3D floors in visual mode. The default key for it is ***TAB***.

(Sorry! I wrote his message before, but I wrote my own short cut key in it. The Default key is TAB.)
Wilhelmina Bommlelock

Postby Kappes Buur » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:37 am

ToxicBlade_2505 wrote:I'm just gonna get to the point. For some reason, a 3D floor, is not showing up in doom builder. I gave it a tag, made a dummy sector to make it have a 3D floor, yet it doesn't work. There's NO mistake. Yet this stupid 3D floor won't show up.

As you can take away from the progression of this thread, there are some suggestions for a probable cause of your problem.

In general:
If the 3D floor does not show up in the editor but does show up in-game, then it may well be that some editor setting is responsible.
However, if the 3D floor does not show up in-game, then, in all likelihood, a mapping fault would be responsible

In all cases like this, screenshots are rarely helpful, it is always best to upload the map so that someone can give a definitive solution.
Kappes Buur

Return to Mapping