GZDOOM BUILDER: Texture folder into Wad ?

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

GZDOOM BUILDER: Texture folder into Wad ?

Postby Khordor » Tue May 18, 2021 7:08 am

Basically, I am lazy and don't want to go into slade to import the textures the traditional way, so I am just wandering does gzdoom builder have any option or tools that does that for you ? I got most of my resources into a texture folder that gzdoom builder can read just fine but when I open the game normally the textures won't show up.

If there is any tips in just saving time when it comes to importing textures I would be appreciated, eventually we all have to go into slade for mapinfo and decorate stuff anyways :blergh:
Khordor

Re: GZDOOM BUILDER: Texture folder into Wad ?

Postby ramon.dexter » Tue May 18, 2021 8:51 am

You could use a folder as a resource to be used by the builder. But once you want to publish your project, you have to pack it somewhere. I'm preferring pk3 over wads, as it is much easier to use.For your questionz the answer is no. Builder will not be packing anything. After all, it is mapping editor, not archive editor. Slade is an archive editor.

Honestly, I really dont understand your reasons. When you're putting the files somewhere, it's really no difference to create a folder, or pack it in slade.
ramon.dexter
rudebwoy

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Khordor » Tue May 18, 2021 10:47 am

Just pure laziness, I would rather have it do automatically to save me 5 minutes than me having to do it, that is the only reason
Khordor

Postby SanyaWaffles » Tue May 18, 2021 3:36 pm

People seem to really insist that GZDB/UDB be this all in one utility rather than just do it's one thing and one thing well.

Just pack it in Slade or a zip file like everyone else does. It's an easy, tried and true method.
SanyaWaffles
The Truth Will Set You Free

Discord: SanyaWaffles#5095
Twitch ID: sanyawaffles
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to Mapping