Can you convert a BOOM: DOOM 2 wad to a GZDOOM: DOOM 2 ?

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Can you convert a BOOM: DOOM 2 wad to a GZDOOM: DOOM 2 ?

Postby Khordor » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:46 pm

Last year I started making a wad in Doom Builder and with my lack of knowledge I chose the default Doom 2 setting which doesn't allow you to do cool things like, Dynamic Lighting and 3D Floors. I know I can open the wad with gzdoom configuration but not with the scripts necessary to do some of that stuff

So my question is, can I convert or introduce the scripts I need so I can do 3D Floors and dynamic lighting or am I missing something ? I don't want to restart the whole project because it was already taking shape
Khordor

Re: Can you convert a BOOM: DOOM 2 wad to a GZDOOM: DOOM 2 ?

Postby CBM » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:47 pm

I know not of any convertion tools but from what Ive seen by converting freedoom levels by hand, there are atleast some things that could be automatically converted if a tool was made
CBM
Imp Slayer

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Can you convert a BOOM: DOOM 2 wad to a GZDOOM: DOOM 2 ?

Postby Kappes Buur » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:04 am

Khordor wrote:So my question is, can I convert or introduce the scripts I need so I can do 3D Floors and dynamic lighting or am I missing something ?

Yes and no, depending on the method used.
I describe it here.

If you did not use any linespecials then the conversion with F2 is all you need.
Simply select the new format.
Kappes Buur

Return to Mapping