Portals and bleeding

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Portals and bleeding

Postby idiotboy » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:22 am

Heya again, I'm having trouble with making portals in UDMF, whenever I set a portal correctly, the floor and ceiling in the room the portal goes through sort of bleeds into the room your in like this, this never happened before and I'm sure I am doing it correctly but now it's happening with every portal I've set up, is there any way that I can fix this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
idiotboy

Discord: 6783
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Re: Portals and bleeding

Postby Enjay » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:40 am

Please attach your map or a small example where the problem occurs. We can't debug a screenshot.

One thing is clear, you almost certainly haven't "set the portal correctly". ;)
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby idiotboy » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:25 pm

Enjay wrote:Please attach your map or a small example where the problem occurs. We can't debug a screenshot.

One thing is clear, you almost certainly haven't "set the portal correctly". ;)
Here's an example of it, i put different floor and ceiling textures so it's more obvious, I can't post my map because it surpasses the file size limit, and I know I've set it correctly since the problem didn't occur before when setting up the portals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
idiotboy

Discord: 6783
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Graf Zahl » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:02 pm

What are we supposed to see in that example?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby dpJudas » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:05 pm

Maybe the screenshot is from the software renderer - I fixed a bug looking like this recently.

@idiotboy if it is indeed the software renderer then try with a nightly build of gzd.
dpJudas

Postby VELI » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:00 am

I tried your map and it's fine unless I choose software renderer under option menu. I'm using GZDOOM 4.5.0. You need to switch renderer to work properly.
VELI

Return to Mapping