I can't transition in UDMF

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

I can't transition in UDMF

Postby Korni27 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:57 am

I made some maps in UDMF with SLADE3, when I made the MAPINFO i gave map01 and map02 diffrent skies, names and music. I play tested the first map and exited the level, after the transition screen it threw in into the console saying "No player 1 Start" But when I used Idclev to warp to map 2 it worked without a problem with the name the skies and the music. I then created some map using the Doom Map Format, and it worked. I'm not sure what is going on and how to fix this.
PS : I started using UDMF about a month ago when I'ver been creating one map wads.
If anybody comes with a solution, thank you in adcance!
Korni27

Re: I can't transition in UDMF

Postby Enjay » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:53 pm

It sounds like you have set the position parameter on the exit line of your map that tells GZDoom which player start spot to use to a non-zero value. If you don't have a start spot with its arguments set in a way that corresponds to that argument, GZDoom can't find a spot (because it's not there) and gives that message.

Make sure your exit line (or exit script) has the position argument set to 0 and you should be OK. The position argument is only needed if you have multiple start spots on a map (usually because it is part of a hub where you can transition to and from the map from different locations/entry points).

Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Thanks

Postby Korni27 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:24 pm

Thank you for help, if not for you I would probably spend more time on this than I should!
Korni27

Return to Mapping