Raised monsters join the Archvile's team. How to prevent?

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Raised monsters join the Archvile's team. How to prevent?

Postby Peccatum Mihzamiz » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:24 am

I've searched and searched but couldn't find an answer to this question:

I am working on a map in GZDoom Builder where I have archviles flagged as friendly. Whenever they kill an enemy monster and then raise it, that monster joins 'our team'. It won't attack me anymore or even retaliate when I hit it. Is there a way to keep this particular monster as an enemy, and not friendly to me?

Thanks in advance for any advice! Apologies if the question has already been answered before.
Peccatum Mihzamiz

Re: Raised monsters join the Archvile's team. How to prevent

Postby Vostyok » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:49 am

This is default behaviour. Someone may be able to come up with a more elegant solution, but one method is to put a single A_ChangeFlag ("FRIENDLY",0) in the first or second line of a monster's see state, before a_chase gets called. I swear there was a mapinfo flag that did this, but only if you want to ban allies entirely.

Would probably work better if this flag change occurred at the end of the Raise state.

This requires all monsters involved to be custom inheritors, as you can imagine. As I said, most likely there is a more elegant solution to this.
Vostyok
I'm living in a cardboard box

Discord: Vostyok#3164

Re: Raised monsters join the Archvile's team. How to prevent

Postby Peccatum Mihzamiz » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:21 am

Thank you Vostyok! That sounds like something that will work for me. I'll give it a go when I've got some spare time again.
Peccatum Mihzamiz

Return to Mapping