Problem with 3d floors in Ultimate Doom Builder

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Problem with 3d floors in Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby KadzitsuHelp » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:11 am

Hi everyone i had a problem with ultimate doom builder when i started making 3d floors (bridges and stuff). firstly, at one point when I used the 3d floor mode, the editing sector appeared in an inconvenient place for me and I dragged it to another place and my bridge immediately disappeared. does anyone know what this is connected with? secondly, a little later, when I made a lot of bridges and almost finished the work, all of a sudden all my 3d floors disappeared and editing the sectors did not help. maybe I configured something wrong?
KadzitsuHelp

Re: Problem with 3d floors in Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby boris » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:55 am

KadzitsuHelp wrote:firstly, at one point when I used the 3d floor mode, the editing sector appeared in an inconvenient place for me and I dragged it to another place and my bridge immediately disappeared. does anyone know what this is connected with?

Did you slope that bridge with UDB's visual sloping? UDB is very smart and modifies those slopes when you drag the sectors, but it's not really what you want with the 3D floor control sectors. The right way to move those is to drag the control sector area (that green rectangle in 3D Floor Mode) somewhere else and press the "relocate control sectors" button at the top.

KadzitsuHelp wrote:secondly, a little later, when I made a lot of bridges and almost finished the work, all of a sudden all my 3d floors disappeared and editing the sectors did not help. maybe I configured something wrong?

I assume that's only in Visual Mode and it looks fine in game? If that's so it sounds like you disabled the effects rendering in UDB. Try pressing the Tab key while you're in Visual Mode.
boris
I post less than Manc and Hobo

Postby KadzitsuHelp » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:54 pm

boris wrote:
KadzitsuHelp wrote:firstly, at one point when I used the 3d floor mode, the editing sector appeared in an inconvenient place for me and I dragged it to another place and my bridge immediately disappeared. does anyone know what this is connected with?

Did you slope that bridge with UDB's visual sloping? UDB is very smart and modifies those slopes when you drag the sectors, but it's not really what you want with the 3D floor control sectors. The right way to move those is to drag the control sector area (that green rectangle in 3D Floor Mode) somewhere else and press the "relocate control sectors" button at the top.

KadzitsuHelp wrote:secondly, a little later, when I made a lot of bridges and almost finished the work, all of a sudden all my 3d floors disappeared and editing the sectors did not help. maybe I configured something wrong?

I assume that's only in Visual Mode and it looks fine in game? If that's so it sounds like you disabled the effects rendering in UDB. Try pressing the Tab key while you're in Visual Mode.

Thanks for your answer, I will definitely check it out. Do you know what the green sector is responsible for in 3D floor mode?
KadzitsuHelp

Postby boris » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:04 pm

KadzitsuHelp wrote:Thanks for your answer, I will definitely check it out. Do you know what the green sector is responsible for in 3D floor mode?

It's where the control sectors are placed in. Press F1 while in 3D Floor Mode for the online help.
boris
I post less than Manc and Hobo

Postby sirudoom » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:31 pm

34e4
sirudoom

Postby KadzitsuHelp » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:45 pm

boris wrote:
KadzitsuHelp wrote:Thanks for your answer, I will definitely check it out. Do you know what the green sector is responsible for in 3D floor mode?

It's where the control sectors are placed in. Press F1 while in 3D Floor Mode for the online help.

oh, I'm stupid, I thought that this green sector should block the bridges themselves. thanks for clarifying the situation!
KadzitsuHelp

Return to Mapping