Strange issue while trying to create a raised outline

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Strange issue while trying to create a raised outline

Postby Cedric Fovingdat » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:54 pm

Hello
I have a strange issue with Doom Builder: I'm trying to create a raised outline of a pentagram on the floor, but there seems to be a strange issue with it. I created the shape itself and then lines inside it to create an outline. I'll post some screenshots to illustrate what I mean. The center and four of the star branches work just as intended, but one branch just does this weird thing: it looks as though I raised or lowered the ceiling, but I didn't. There's just this texture popping out and I can't seem to select the sector I intend to raise. Note that I did not do anything with textures or otherwise, I just drew the linedefs. Here's the screenshots of what I mean:

https://imgur.com/a/jUei4Tw

Thanks in advance for your help,
Regards,
DamTheGreat
Cedric Fovingdat

Re: Strange issue while trying to create a raised outline

Postby Cherno » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:22 pm

Try hitting the DEL key when having them selected or highlighted (deletes the unwated textures).
Cherno

Postby DamTheGreat » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:41 am

Actually, it doesn't seem to be a texture issue, as when I load the map, I get these errors:

Error while reading UDMF map data: Missing required field 'sidefront' at linedef 37.
Error while reading UDMF map data: Missing required field 'sidefront' at linedef 38.
Error while reading UDMF map data: Missing required field 'sidefront' at linedef 39.
Error while reading UDMF map data: Missing required field 'sidefront' at linedef 37.
Error while reading UDMF map data: Missing required field 'sidefront' at linedef 38.
Error while reading UDMF map data: Missing required field 'sidefront' at linedef 39.
DamTheGreat

Discord: ☠DamTheGreat☠#7201
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby DamTheGreat » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:33 am

I fixed the problem: I deleted the branch, then drew the inside lines first, then the outer ones.
DamTheGreat

Discord: ☠DamTheGreat☠#7201
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to Mapping