Texture "Layering" (Solved)

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
NeoTerraNova

Texture "Layering" (Solved)

Post by NeoTerraNova »

Is it possible to put one texture with some transparency around it (like, say, a chain link fence) directly on top of another (a solid wall) so that it looks like they're layered on top of each other? And with minimal space between them to maintain the illusion. Or would I have to make a custom graphic with the two things merged together?

EDIT: Thanks for the help. I was going to mention that I have an issue with one of the sides of my micro-sized sector - the texture I put on it to disguise it is sticking up really high - but I decided to just disguise it with another mini-sector.
Last edited by NeoTerraNova on Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cherno

Re: Texture "Layering"

Post by Cherno »

If you want space between them, you have to built this as part of your map with seperate sector lines. Otherwise, create the bitmap texture or (recommended) use TEXTURES to combine them via code.

Return to “Mapping”