Map bundling

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Map bundling

Post by ramon.dexter »

thewaver wrote:(still have to figure out where).
Anywhere. Just upload the file to your gDrive (if you dont have a gDrive, make a google account, it will grant you free 5GB of space), make it public and share the link for the file here on forum. By doing it this way it will ensure that the file will be accessible for anybody even after year or two. I'm not a big fan of "free public" file sharing services that delete the files after a month or two.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

thewaver wrote:PS: Rachael, I'm a professional developer with 15+ years of experience, a third of which in web technologies, and I have been one of the key contributors of an app with >300M users. If you'd like to have a discussion about the status quo of web technologies in a different medium then drop me a line :)
Honestly this sounds like "I know more than you" when it's not a question of technology anyway, it's a question of preferred defaults. The forum could do topic reply notifications by default if we desired and I'm pretty sure it's been capable of doing so for more than a decade. Plus you can easily change it to your own preference.

8-)
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

thewaver wrote:PS: Rachael, I'm a professional developer with 15+ years of experience, a third of which in web technologies, and I have been one of the key contributors of an app with >300M users. If you'd like to have a discussion about the status quo of web technologies in a different medium then drop me a line :)
Oh somehow I missed that.

Oh a professional developer huh? Yeah I haven't ever heard THAT one before... :laff:

No, I am not interested. I think the way websites have evolved over the past decade absolutely sucks. And I don't want to hear your justifications about why it's so great. It's simply not. And do not try to rope me into any sort of lecture to try and "prove me wrong".
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

Products can be popular in despite of their UIs - so mentioning some app had 300+M users and uses <insert tech here> doesn't in any way prove that the technology was good (or bad).

There are plenty of UI's that are absolutely horrible yet widely used for one reason or another. Here's a few examples: Windows 10 design language, which we all use because there's little choice. I'm yet to meet a single person that thinks white-on-white is a good design, or someone applauding them for their new settings panel. Microsoft Teams because its conference part works, but my god is the rest of that program an UI horror story.

Also, is 15+ years of experience supposed to be impressive? The first product I designed that turned people into millionaires was written before that. :D

Return to “Mapping”