how to draw a sector whose slope varies ?

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
MamieNova

how to draw a sector whose slope varies ?

Post by MamieNova »

Hi,

I'm working on GZDoom Builder v2.3.0.2364
I success in drawing a sector with height but i don't know to draw a sector whose slope varies for example like this:
secteur avec pente.png
secteur avec pente.png (5.51 KiB) Viewed 604 times
?

Can anyone help me ?

thanks
Gorman Frebmane

Re: how to draw a sector whose slope varies ?

Post by Gorman Frebmane »

there are many ways to go for this but i will give you two which are simple to do, first you have plane alling (slope) action 181, its a line property so select the line you want it to be attached to, now the line has a small line in the middle that shows the front of the line make sure its facing the sector you are making into a slope in order for it to work.
once you have done that when you go into the linedef to modify it make sure you are doing alling floor front or back if the line is facing the sector behind the sector you will make into a slope, you can do the same with the ceiling. alternativly you can do the same but not from the height you are attaching it into but on the floor of the sector its going to go up from, raise the sector do the same with the line thats there and it will automaticly do the work, although this is not recommended.
the other option is to simply split the sector into two triangles or more if the sector has some lines or vectors in it, once you do that you select the vector or the pyramid looking things, select the ones you want to raise and use the mousewheel to raise them, if there are other vectors do the same with them but instead open their menu to get a much more smooth looking slope by slowly raising them, vectors can also be used to make natural envoirement like rocks or caves and such.
i hope that helps you out.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

MamieNova

Post by MamieNova »

attached a wad file (GZDoom mode Doom 2 format Hexen, ZDoom ACS script) in which the floor of the middle sector is sloping.
only problem: I can not follow the same slope to the ceiling of the middle sector

Can you correct me this wad ?

thanks
Attachments
secteur avec plancher penché.wad
(1.61 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

The ceiling, being at 200 for both the right sector and the hallway, has no difference in elevation to slope to.
Move the ceiling height of the hallway down to the ceiling height of the sector on the left, see yellow line
Spoiler:

Return to “Mapping”