ZWadConv (Boom to Hexen to UDMF) "NULL: Invalid ACS Module"

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
SuperAble

ZWadConv (Boom to Hexen to UDMF) "NULL: Invalid ACS Module"

Post by SuperAble »

Hi, currently I'm trying to convert my Boom-Formatted Maps to UDMF via the ZWadConv program. When I converted the map to UDMF using GZDoomBuilder and run it- it displayed the (NULL): Invalid ACS Module on the console. Though it didn't had an affect to the converted map- but is there a way to fix it up to remove the message? Thanks.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: ZWadConv (Boom to Hexen to UDMF) "NULL: Invalid ACS Modu

Post by Kappes Buur »

SuperAble

Post by SuperAble »

That's what I did, when I turned the now-Hexen formatted map to UDMF, the Null ACS message pops up.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Delete BEHAVIOR lump in your preferred WAD editor, in SLADE for example.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Converting the map from DOOM/BOOM format to Hexen format with ZWADCONV does indeed generate an empty BEHAVIOR lump. Then converting further to UDMF with GZDB retains this BEHAVIOR lump. Under normal circumstances this will not present a problem. However, something went wrong for you, obviously.

If you could upload your map, someone could follow the conversion process and report back if/when something untoward should happen.
_mental_ wrote:Delete BEHAVIOR lump in your preferred WAD editor, in SLADE for example.
If you know for certain that there are no scripts in the map, and therefore the BEHAVIOR lump is empty, you could delete BEHAVIOR. But that does not really solve the problem of why it happened in the first place.

Return to “Mapping”