Need help with Moving Camera / Pitch

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
FFFFRRRR

Need help with Moving Camera / Pitch

Post by FFFFRRRR »

Currently, I am trying to make an intro sequence. I use a MovingCamera with Thing_Activate that moves from one interpolation point to another. While doing so, the cameras pitch is supposed to change.
I set the pitch-argument of the interpolation points (1st one has 10, the next one has 20, next one 30...) so that the camera would continue to look down further. However, it keeps looking straight. I thought that the pitch would slowly change until the point is reached, but the camera does not change its pitch when reaching the points, no matter what value I give their pitch args.

I could also use ACS to change the camera pitch, but I feel like using the points for that is more flexible and simpler. Assuming that arg is even supposed to do what I think it does.
Does anybody know what this could be? I included the Map (Is a titlemap) in the attachment.
Attachments
MovingCameraTest.zip
(1.13 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
gwHero
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Need help with Moving Camera / Pitch

Post by gwHero »

On the properties of the moving camera, check it's args. In GZDB, go to the options arg and check 'use point pitch' under 'flags'.
More explanation see https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:MovingCamera
FFFFRRRR

Re: Need help with Moving Camera / Pitch

Post by FFFFRRRR »

Thast did it. Thanks!

Return to “Mapping”