3D Floor is not getting special for its line

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
Taurustar

3D Floor is not getting special for its line

Post by Taurustar »

Hi

I'm little confused about something that I've tried today, but doesn't works. I'm trying this:

In this picture you can appreciate that I have a little sign from the ceiling, this sign has a LineID that has a Line_SetTextureScale via ACS, it works well and looks good

But in this picture I'm applying the same and you can see the texture is in its original size, the difference is this is a 3D floor so I applied the Arg5 as LineID and I used the script applying the change under that line in the Mid Texture.

Is there any way to make it works?

Regards
Gez

Re: 3D Floor is not getting special for its line

Post by Gez »

You should be using UDMF, that way you could scale textures in the editor rather than having to use ACS.

Anyway note that for 3D floors, the texture displayed is from the 3D floor's control line rather than the sector where it's rendered, unless you use the appropriate flag in the 3D floor line parameters.
Taurustar

Re: 3D Floor is not getting special for its line

Post by Taurustar »

I have Arg5 with the line ID and also I set the flag in the line, so that shouldn't be a problem... Thats why it's strange...

If I'm still having problems with that probably I'll takt the option to use UDMF

Return to “Mapping”