Scroll Actions

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
SiMpLeToNiUm

Scroll Actions

Post by SiMpLeToNiUm »

I made a small proof of concept map. The idea is for the player to spawn in a hole. At first, they are unaware that they are in a hole, because the hole has a ceiling inside of it.
Then, the floor and ceiling move upwards, and the idea was to have the hole's wall textures scroll up as well. This gives the impression of no motion whatsoever. I feel that I've fallen short somehow, or it is an engine limitation.
How do I get the walls to scroll as well? Here is a link to the WAD file. The map format is UDMF.
If you do decide to help, my reasoning is relatively easily understood if you look at the map's ACS. The IWAD is DOOM2.
gwHero
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Scroll Actions

Post by gwHero »

hatakethecopyninja wrote: How do I get the walls to scroll as well?
By applying the same trick as with old fashioned Doom doors: check the Lower Unpegged flag for the walls of the rising sector. But I think you will have to do a bit more about the sector that rises, because it will look awkward with the current sector heights. But it's a first step.
SiMpLeToNiUm

Re: Scroll Actions

Post by SiMpLeToNiUm »

gwHero wrote:check the Lower Unpegged flag for the walls of the rising sector.
This is exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Return to “Mapping”