Drawing a 3d floor inside a polyobject

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
nilguid

Drawing a 3d floor inside a polyobject

Post by nilguid »

Greetings!

I am trying to make a 3d floor controlled by a polyobject (so it can be moved and rotated). I tagged the polyobject's control sector, and added another control sector for the 3d floor. This is how the test level looks like:
Test map layout
Test map layout
potest.png (6.18 KiB) Viewed 632 times
The 3d floor is not drawn at the polyobject 0 start area, although it is there physically - it is blocking you, and you can jump on it. Seems there is no 3d floor surface inside the polyobject, as you can fall between the walls.
I used the arrow-shaped sector to ensure there are no errors with 3d floor itself (and I even can see it inside the control sector using idclip). The zombieman was placed to check things' visibility with the polyobject (there were cutouts in another map).
Sometimes I can take damage from a lava-textured 3d floor (Hexen); couldn't reproduce this in the attached map though.

Is there a way to draw 3d floors in cases like this?
Attachments
potest.wad
Test wad (use "map test" to load it)
(7.63 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Drawing a 3d floor inside a polyobject

Post by ramon.dexter »

Doom engine and specifically the nature of BSP tree disallows any side-by-side movement. So this is probably impossible.
Amuscaria

Re: Drawing a 3d floor inside a polyobject

Post by Amuscaria »

What you want is impossible. The closest way to achieve what you want would be to use 1 or more 3D models.

Return to “Mapping”