How to know if map is corrupted?

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
helpisneeded

How to know if map is corrupted?

Post by helpisneeded »

I might have saved inside slade while still being in Gzdoombuilder. Is there any surefire way of knowing if anything got corrupted, or should it be blatantly obvious?
ReX

Re: How to know if map is corrupted?

Post by ReX »

I'm not sure if anything would be "corrupted". Anything you save in SLADE while GZDB is open, will not be saved in GZDB, and vice versa.

Also, you can run an error check in GZDB, and it ought to tell you if something is messed up.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

I use slade while having the map opened in gzdb with no problem. So no, the map is not corrupted in any way.
ReX

Post by ReX »

If you simply have SLADE open and don't made changes to the wad while making changes to the map in GZDB, then there will not be a problem. It's when you make changes to the wad (particularly as they relate to the maps) in SLADE while ALSO making changes to the map in GZDB that you will likely have a conflict upon saving. Again, this does not automatically mean the map will be corrupted.
RockstarRaccoon

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

As far as I've seen, you know very quickly if a wad has a problem simply because the entire thing is fucked up. Even still, SLADE and GZDB both make backups, so I wouldn't worry.

Return to “Mapping”