[SOLVED] Treat certain monsters as Walls for hit sounds?

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)

Re: Treat certain monsters as Walls for hit sounds/Crash sta

Postby Player701 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:58 pm

eharper256 wrote:Okay, I'm an idiot. It was actually my haemorraging system being an asshat.

Apologies, and thanks again for the code, it works great, I'll obviously credit you for the help.

Yeah, that can indeed happen if you have lots of code in your mod, so no problem. You're welcome!

eharper256 wrote:And I liked Elijah from Unavowed by the way, so nice Avatar.

Same here, and I'm not sure I've ever seen before a point-and-click adventure game where you can choose party members, plus they did manage to pull it off exceptionally well! But his name is actually Elliot...
Spoiler:
Player701

Discord: Player701#8214
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [SOLVED] Treat certain monsters as Walls for hit sounds?

Postby eharper256 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:21 pm

Lol, its been a few years since I played, so yes, I got them mixed up. Oops! It always sticks out in my mind for the beginning, not allowing me to pick Elijah as my main character name (from eharper256), so I typed shit and got an achievement, lol.

Evidently I'm due to replay it at some point (completed it with the friends with everyone Male Actor Start, so I guess a female cop kill everything playthrough should be done too), and maybe pick up some other Wadjet Eye games as well (only done Unavowed and Resonance, but both were good).
eharper256
Author of Hexen: Walpurgis

Previous

Return to Scripting