Integer constant problem

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)

Integer constant problem

Postby Black Devil » Thu May 26, 2022 2:38 am

There is an error message that starts up in my wad and it complains about one of the translation codes. The translation works perfectly fine, the specific colors have been changed accordingly, but it still issues me a mathematical error. Since the translation is taking an effect, it seems like the error isn't really necessary.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Black Devil

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Integer constant problem

Postby Enjay » Thu May 26, 2022 3:55 am

Curious. I just tried:
Code: Select allExpand view
Actor TestMe
{
   Radius 16
   translation "5:8=123:127"
   height 24
   +noclip
   Scale 0.35
   States
   {
   Spawn:
      BAL7 AAAA 3 A_FADEOUT
      Stop
   }
}

and I get no errors at all (and I always run with developer mode on, so I would get any warnings if they were there).
Obviously I don't see a translation because the sprites I chose don't have the relevant palette entries, but the actor works as expected.

I tried in GZDoom official, and a couple of different git builds (including the most recent). All worked fine.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Re: Integer constant problem

Postby Graf Zahl » Thu May 26, 2022 4:53 am

Also, screenshots cannot be debugged. You got to post the actual code, preferably as an attachment so that the forum does not reformat it.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Return to Scripting