Always "shooting minigun face" when a weapon from ZWL is out

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Always "shooting minigun face" when a weapon from ZWL is out

Postby Deon » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:11 am

Hi guys, I came with a problem and almost found a solution. I still need some help. I am using ZWL library for my guns in my mod: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=61172

Whenever a gun using this library is in my hands, my guy has an angry mugshot like if you are shooting a chaingun for a long time. I almost went crazy thinking it's one of my inventory items or status effects doing this until I found it's ZWL causing it.

So I come asking for help / advice. Does anyone know what triggers "angry face" when you are shooting a chaingun for a prolonged duration? I believe once I find the root cause of the mugshot, I can find what in the ZWL makes it work like this.

Deon

Re: Always "shooting minigun face" when a weapon from ZWL is

Postby Player701 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:09 am

This happens when the player.attackdown flag has been raised for a certain amount of time. As its name implies, it is set when the player is holding the attack button, and is reset otherwise. This flag is used by the PlayerPawn code to control the behavior of weapons with the NOAUTOFIRE flag. ZWL code probably mishandles it somehow and keeps it set all the time, so you should ask its author(s), if possible, to fix the problem.
Player701

Discord: Player701#8214
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to Scripting