Basic shopping system?

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Clownman

Basic shopping system?

Post by Clownman »

Something I've been meaning to implement to my Mario mod, Pasta Power, for the longest time has been a menu where you exchange items for the coins you collect from fallen enemies. Sadly, I haven't seen any good template or anything on this site so far, even after searching online briefly. The type of system I'm trying to replicate is akin to D4D's shop, which brings up an external menu which you can buy specific things such as upgrades from. Does anyone have a basic script example of this? Because I have a lot of the shop-exclusive items already defined, but don't know how to make like a separate keybind to bring up a menu where you can exchange things for the currency the player has.
Jarewill

Re: Basic shopping system?

Post by Jarewill »

There are a few ways to do this.
You could use the Strife dialog system for UDMF, though I don't know how well this will work and if it even can be opened with a binding.
Or create a custom menu in ZScript. ZForms makes this way easier, but you will either have to have the newest GZDoom master or use the newest master of ZForms.

Return to “Scripting”