Blood disappearing when janitor is OFF.

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Blood disappearing when janitor is OFF.

Postby MattMayhem_92 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:37 pm

I’m experiencing a bug while playing Dox’s Brutal Doom Standalone mod, the blood still disappears when I have janitor turned OFF. Any idea why or how to fix this? Let me know, thank you!
MattMayhem_92

Re: Blood disappearing when janitor is OFF.

Postby wildweasel » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:33 pm

This is most likely a mod bug, not a GZDoom bug, so I'm moving this to Scripting.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby MattMayhem_92 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:35 pm

Sorry about that! I just made an account in here so I’m trying to find all the proper sections to post stuff.
MattMayhem_92

Postby Jarewill » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:57 am

Seeing the code or having a link to the mod would make it easier to help you.

I assume it's either an issue with the CVar checking, or (if they are decals) you are reaching the decal limit.
Jarewill

Postby MattMayhem_92 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:19 am

First, in order to stop the blood pools and gibs from disappearing I set the sv_corpsequeuesize to -1 but the wall decals still disappear if I shoot another enemy next to the previous wall splatter. So I’m not sure what command I would type in the console to keep the wall decals on like I did with the blood pools and gibs. At first I thought when I had janitor turned ON, that it removed the blood pools, gibs AND wall decals but I think it only removes the floor stuff. So I’m not sure I can have it both ways or not. It would be great if all the blood would disappear after a certain time without janitor turned on. But I don’t know if that’s possible, so I just wanted to keep both the floor and walls blood forever. Unless it’s possible to remove all blood after like 30 seconds or something.
MattMayhem_92

Postby drfrag » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:46 am

For me it was the opposite, it didn't work until i started a new game. But i no longer play brute doomer.
drfrag
Os voy a romper a pedazos!
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Discord: drfrag#3555
Github ID: drfrag666

Postby MattMayhem_92 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:51 am

Here is the link of you need it with all the files I’m using. Would it be possible to make all the blood on the floor and walls disappear after a certain amount of time? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RfpoWF ... sp=sharing
MattMayhem_92

Postby Jarewill » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:25 am

Decals don't work the same way as actors (blood pools and gibs) do.
Actors can have logic that makes them disappear after a certain amount of time has passed. Decals can't have that logic.
As far as I know, there's no way to make decals disappear after a given time, they will only disappear once the decal limit has been reached.
Jarewill

Postby MattMayhem_92 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:10 am

Thank you for that info. So quick question then regarding the blood pools. When I set sv_corpsequeuesize to -1 to make them stay forever, do I just set it back to the default 64 in order for them to start disappearing again after a while? Also, if I set that sv to -1 and then turn on janitor, will they still disappear?
MattMayhem_92

Postby Jarewill » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:27 am

Frankly I'm unsure, as that mod is too big for me to download currently.
You will just have to experiment a bit yourself.
Jarewill

Return to Scripting