What the Hell is wrong with these damn stairs!?

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Hidden Hands

What the Hell is wrong with these damn stairs!?

Post by Hidden Hands »

I've been trying to sort this incredibly annoying problem out the entire day almost. I could be doing something a lot more productive in this game, but instead I'm stuck trying to fix a broken set of rising stairs. What am I doing wrong here? I checked an earlier map, in which the stairs worked great, and they are set up exactly the same so why are these ones not working??? The only difference between the other map and this one, is the stars in the last one were attached to walls. But that will not cut it in this map.

When I walk over the linedef to make the stairs rise, all that happens is the entire floor raises up the height of one step ... except the steps themselves. What the heck is wrong with this?

See attached screenshot of my setup. Please someone help.
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
brokenstairs.png
Enjay

Re: What the Hell is wrong with these damn stairs!?

Post by Enjay »

From memory, you need to give each step (except the tagged one, I think) a "stairs special". The first one gets stairs special 1, the next one gets stairs special 2, then the next one gets stairs special 1 again. You keep using 12121212 until you get to the last step.

I think the specials are sector effect types 26 and 27.
Hidden Hands

Re: What the Hell is wrong with these damn stairs!?

Post by Hidden Hands »

Thank you EnJay I've spent way to long with these stairs today haha.

Return to “Scripting”