Butterfly in doom mod

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Butterfly in doom mod

Postby Vixxie32 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:04 pm

So im making my first doom mod. And i want to make a butterfly. Not a monster, just a harmless and unkillable flying around entity. But i really have problem with making monsters or weapons in DECORATE. Im dumb and i really need your help because i want to make this mod but its so hard for me to learn actor etc. things. If you can just paste here a template for a butterfly thing. Also it have only two sprites.I will be very thankfull for help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vixxie32

Discord: Vixxie32#7926
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Butterfly in doom mod

Postby Misery » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:57 pm

I don't know what you want it to do if it only has two sprites. I guess if all it does is fly around and follow you, two sprites may suffice, but it won't have sprites for attacking or dying, or anything else. I can't even see the sprites. They are entirely too small.
Misery

Postby Vixxie32 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:11 pm

Misery wrote:I don't know what you want it to do if it only has two sprites. I guess if all it does is fly around and follow you, two sprites may suffice, but it won't have sprites for attacking or dying, or anything else. I can't even see the sprites. They are entirely too small.

Its just two sprites with butterfly moving its wings. Its have to by crappy and small that float around like peasants in Strife. I dont have sprites for death yet well im not planning to add killable butterflies that gonna kill player. Maybe i should trying making a particle or something?
Vixxie32

Discord: Vixxie32#7926
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Enjay » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:08 pm

Probably needs tweaking to make them a bit more fluttery. It's in DECORATE but ZScript would be better simply because it's newer and more flexible. For something like this, it doesn't really matter. It'll maybe get you started anyway.

Butter.pk3

Type summon butterfly at the console.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Misery » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:35 pm

But wouldn't a butterfly clash jus' a teensy itty bit with, you know, all the hellspawn demons tryin' to rip you to shreds. Maybe a nice baby cacodemon, instead? Then he spawn little bitty hearts when he's near you.
Misery

Return to Scripting