How to make so that it only shows ammo in clip

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
TheOldKingCole

How to make so that it only shows ammo in clip

Post by TheOldKingCole »

I am mostly unfamiliar with sbarinfo, but I have a weapon in a mod I'm working on where it it has infinite ammo, but still has to reload every 16 shots, so how can I make it so that on this weapon it only shows the ammo in the clip?
Jarewill

Re: How to make so that it only shows ammo in clip

Post by Jarewill »

This can be done without SBARINFO.
You could just use what you are using to keep track of the current ammo and use it as AmmoType1. (Keep in mind that it has to be inherited from Ammo to work)

If you however want to use SBARINFO for this, you should look at the wiki pages:
SBARINFO, DrawNumber (For drawing current ammo) and Default status bars for examples on how they look like.
TheOldKingCole

Re: How to make so that it only shows ammo in clip

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Jarewill wrote:This can be done without SBARINFO.
You could just use what you are using to keep track of the current ammo and use it as AmmoType1. (Keep in mind that it has to be inherited from Ammo to work)

If you however want to use SBARINFO for this, you should look at the wiki pages:
SBARINFO, DrawNumber (For drawing current ammo) and Default status bars for examples on how they look like.
Thanks but I find the wiki does very little to actually explain how things actually work and how to make them, just how they look when finished which does nothing for me. I at least know where to start now so again thanks for the help.

Return to “Scripting”