How to make sound sequences for weapons???

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)

How to make sound sequences for weapons???

Post by Guest »

So I was making a weapon for a mod (it’s like a beam weapon) and I decided to use some weapon sounds, First sound is when the weapon starts up, 2nd is for the loop, and 3rd is for when it stops. I tried using sound sequences and everything but they always cut off each other. How do I make it so it will play the full thing like Startup, Loop (keep looping until letgo), then end. Yes I have tried sound sequence but for some reason A_PlaySequence doesnt work.
TriTT
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: How to make sound sequences for weapons???

Post by TriTT »

Have you tried combining the sounds together and just extend the animation to the longer sound file? Perhaps the weapon can behave like the BFG upon startup to call the start up sound, and then behave more like the chaingun for the "loop" sound.

Return to “Scripting”