Any way to hide GENMIDI error message?

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Enjay

Any way to hide GENMIDI error message?

Post by Enjay »

I am just wondering if there is any way to hide/suppress the message displaced at startup if a custom IPK3 is being used that doesn't have a GENMIDI lump.
No GENMIDI lump found. OPL playback not available.
As I said, this is intended for a custom IPK3 and none of the music in the game is in a midi format.

Personally, I don't like seeing error messages if they don't really apply to the game.

The easy option is to simply put the FreeDoom GENMIDI lump into the IPK3 but I also don't want to include unnecessary lumps, especially ones that go in the root (I like to keep that as clean as possible). So I was just wondering if there was a gameinfo keyword or something that I'd missed somewhere?

Return to “Scripting”