How to make Input special moves

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Tohg7.
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

How to make Input special moves

Post by Tohg7. »

I've been wanting to learn how to make input special moves for doom weapons (I.E. Back, Crouch, Forward + Primary fire in a second or less does a dumbell throw) but i do not know how to make it in decorate, does anyone here know?
Last edited by Tohg7. on Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jarewill

Re: How to make Input special moves

Post by Jarewill »

I have made something work with this code:
Spoiler:
This creates an overlay that reads player's input with GetPlayerInput and proceeds forwards with it.
In ComboOverlay4 it gives the player a dummy inventory item for 1 second, (35 tics) and if the player fires the gun with this item, it will jump to Fire2 state.
Tohg7.

Post by Tohg7. »

Jarewill wrote:I have made something work with this code:
Spoiler:
This creates an overlay that reads player's input with GetPlayerInput and proceeds forwards with it.
In ComboOverlay4 it gives the player a dummy inventory item for 1 second, (35 tics) and if the player fires the gun with this item, it will jump to Fire2 state.
Is it possible to make "Charged" moves with this code? Take for example, hold backwards for 2 seconds then press forwards and primary fire to execute a dash punch.
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

Yes, it should be possible:
Spoiler:
Tohg7.

Post by Tohg7. »

Thank you for your assistance, an admin or mod now has my permission to lock this thread.

Return to “Scripting”