Tried extracting a monster from a mod, and...

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
gman829

Re: Tried extracting a monster from a mod, and...

Post by gman829 »

Ok so now it appears in my map, but I'm missing the missle sprites, fire sprites,and it doesn't make any noise, even though i put the SNDIFO lump. Here's the new version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pHyWmY ... sp=sharing
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

You are using .pk3's structure in SNDINFO, while you are using a .wad file.
Instead of specifying a path of non-existent directories, simply write the file name:
Spoiler:
Also, I notice that the SNDINFO defines sounds that aren't even in the wad.
gman829

Post by gman829 »

So I looked, and the attacks are missing. I tried looking through the mod's files (I left a download link at the top of the thread) and O found explosion sprites for when it's dead, but I didn't find it's rockwall sprites, missile sprites, or fire sprites.`
gman829

Post by gman829 »

i think I'm gonna scrap the project for now.

Return to “Scripting”