How to make a companion Resurrect the player on death?

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
SilverStarApple

How to make a companion Resurrect the player on death?

Post by SilverStarApple »

Hello, I'd like to make a Companion Mod designed to add a new character who will follow you around, float freely, assist you during fights by attacking your enemies, occasionally shoot a pink Healing Ball at the player, and resurrect you when you die.

I'm stuck at the "Resurrect the player on death" part.

I'm new to DOOM modding and I've been told I need to create a new monster with DECORATE, give it the Friendly tag, and get a script to spawn one near you when you begin a level.

This sounds simple enough, but the "Detects when the player dies, plays an animation that lasts two seconds, and Resurrects the player when this animation is done, returning to normal player-following Companion duties afterwards" part... How do I program that?
SilverStarApple

Re: How to make a companion Resurrect the player on death?

Did... Did I just get promoted to Global Moderator?

Is this an April Fool's joke? I'm too busy working on Chessica Wildcard and my Rivals of Aether OC Solairian Gardevoir, I don't have time to moderate a forum!

Then again I'd probably do a better job at it than the last forum I used.
SilverStarApple

Re: How to make a companion Resurrect the player on death?

Wait, that was an April Fool's joke.

Well, now I feel stupid.

Return to “Scripting”