Less Slippery - but not on Ice?

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Enjay

Less Slippery - but not on Ice?

Post by Enjay »

Does anyone know if there has been a mod that introduces "less slippery movement" but which still allows low friction/icy floors to remain very slippy? Nashmove does the less slippy part for regular floors, but it severely reduces how slippy low friction floors are too.

Or would anyone know how to add it to Nashmove?

Nashmove
viewtopic.php?f=105&t=35761

There is a test map that I posted on page 4 with a slippy floor section. I think that something has been improved since I posted the test map. It used to be that Nashmove made icy floors actually behave as if they had more friction than normal floors, not less.

Now, walking on to the test floor results in slippyness that seems a little lower friction than most floors with Nashmove loaded, but probably still not even as slippy as regular Doomguy movment on a normal floor. It's certainly nowhere near as slippy as the test map with Nashmove not loaded.

So, can this even be done or are Nashmove-like mods simply incompatible with friction changing (especially lowering) floors?
Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Less Slippery - but not on Ice?

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

Oh ye i was looking for this yesterday too.
trying to reduce momentum quicker.

Return to “Scripting”