How to interrupt following to PatrolPoint?

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

How to interrupt following to PatrolPoint?

Postby Void Weaver » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:51 am

Let's say that a some unalerted monster calls a A_SetSpecial(229,0,x,0,0), where 229 is Thing_SetGoal special and "x" a some tid of a some PatrolPoint.
Then I want to interrupt monster following to the PatrolPoint with a next conditions:
a) without removing of the PatrolPoint mentioned above;
b) without having player as target of monster's targetfield;
c) without having of any other object (like as Thing_Hate\HateTarget) as target of monster's targetfield.

I've tried to force monster call an A_SetSpecial(229,0,y,0,0) while he walk to PatrolPoint with "x" tid, but it doesn't work as like call of A_ClearTarget doesn't work too. Also calling of A_SetSpecial(0) and {Special=0;} (with A_ClearTarget) doesn't work too - monster still have PatrolPoint ("x") as its target and continue follow to it.

So, is it possible to break current following path without monster alerting? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Void Weaver
Keeper of the Diablo bestiary storage Also amateur DECORATE-spaghetti weaver ಠ_ಠ

Return to Scripting