[ZScript] Simulate RaiseActor() in older versions of GZDoom

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Tartlman

[ZScript] Simulate RaiseActor() in older versions of GZDoom

Post by Tartlman »

I'm trying to make a thing where an actor raises through a thinker, without the need of another actor. RaiseActor() would be ideal for this, but unfortunately the version of GZDoom i'm doing this for (3.2.5) doesn't have that function. Simply setting its health back to max and setting its state to raise doesn't work too well either - it keeps some properties of a corpse, which is (obviously) undesirable. Any suggestions?
Blue Shadow

Re: [ZScript] Simulate RaiseActor() in older versions of GZD

Post by Blue Shadow »

There's [wiki]Thing_Raise[/wiki]...
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

May I ask what's so particular about 3.2.5? Is there anything specific limiting you to precisely that version?
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

Graf Zahl wrote:May I ask what's so particular about 3.2.5? Is there anything specific limiting you to precisely that version?
Before i got some better hardware anything after that would randomly crash when launching/loading a save/finishing a level/entering a level, but now i just use it because i like it. So while i'm not limited to it and can run 3.83a fine (albeit with lower framerate), i just feel like using it.
Blue Shadow wrote:There's [wiki]Thing_Raise[/wiki]...
I'll check that out, thanks!
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

Is there any way i can call thing_raise() directly from another class? like can i do something, where a is a pointer to an actor, that's similar to a.thing_raise()? since from what i've tried, it seems like i can't.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Try [wiki]A_CallSpecial[/wiki].

Return to “Scripting”