ACS SetFont Question

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
SamVision

ACS SetFont Question

Post by SamVision »

Im trying to have an image display using the method outlined here: [wiki]SetFont[/wiki]. The image fails to show up, where should I place the image file in the PK3?

Code: Select all

script 2 (void)
{
	SetFont("Face");
	HudMessage(s:"A"; HUDMSG_PLAIN, 0, CR_UNTRANSLATED, 0.1, 0.8, 3.7);
}
MFG38
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: ACS SetFont Question

Post by MFG38 »

I believe any image you want to use with SetFont has to be under the graphics/ folder. If the image is in there, I'm not seeing anything faulty in the script.

Maybe try writing the image name in all caps? I doubt that'd make a difference, but it's worth a shot.
Mere_Duke

Re: ACS SetFont Question

Post by Mere_Duke »

Try placing it in "Graphics" folder.
Note that GZDoom doesn't recognize BMP format, so you need to convert if it is a bitmap image.
Letter case is not an issue here.
Remember to create a correct script trigger on your map (check first if it was triggered at all).

Return to “Scripting”