ACC.exe - bool and str parameters for scripts?

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Nash

ACC.exe - bool and str parameters for scripts?

Post by Nash »

I haven't used ACC.exe but remind me again - are bool and str parameters for closed scripts not possible? I coulda sworn they were possible before...
Gez

Re: ACC.exe - bool and str parameters for scripts?

Post by Gez »

You do remember that behind the scene, all variables in ACS are really ints?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Ah, right. I remembered incorrectly - they were only "possible" because of GDCC. In quotes because I suppose anything other than ints were hacked in.
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

Strictly speaking, due to the nature of everything being ints in ACS, strings can be passed to scripts. This does require the string to be added to ACS's string table as well as the index of that string to be passed, though, so I'm not really sure if there's a feasible way to make use of this beyond scripts calling other scripts.

Return to “Scripting”