[ACS] Unable to change line special

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

[ACS] Unable to change line special

Post by Wivicer »

I'm trying to make it so that when a line is activated in a certain manner, it runs a script that then changes the parameters that are passed to said script. The script is named, and using SetLineSpecial with the line's id, ACS_ExecuteAlways and then the script name and arguments doesn't seem to be working. Am I trying to do something impossible, or am I doing something wrong?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: [ACS] Unable to change line special

Post by Graf Zahl »

SetLineSpecial cannot do this. The name gets converted to a string index which then gets interpreted as a script number - which most likely does not exist.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [ACS] Unable to change line special

Post by Wivicer »

Ok cool. I'll just change it from a named script to a numbered script then.
Thanks!

Return to “Scripting”