ForceKillScripts Just Doesn't Work

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
heehoo

ForceKillScripts Just Doesn't Work

Post by heehoo »

Like the title implies, it just refuses to work. I've boiled everything down into such minimal content that it can't possibly be anything else. In the ZMAPINFO lump, the only two entries in gameinfo are ForceKillScripts being set to "True" and a titlemusic change. The title screen music is different, so it's evidently set up correctly. My Compiled ACS (Zdoom) lump has also evidently been set up and pointed to correctly, as the ENTER script that simply prints text when the level starts does execute. However, the KILL script that does the exact same thing with different text doesn't execute when enemies are killed, even though ForceKillScripts has been set to "True" in a ZMAPINFO lump that the game IS reading. What is happening here?
Blue Shadow

Re: ForceKillScripts Just Doesn't Work

Post by Blue Shadow »

I just tested it, and seems to work. Could you post your mod?
heehoo

Post by heehoo »

Blue Shadow wrote:I just tested it, and seems to work. Could you post your mod?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hr2a1fvwx ... ropper.wad

Sorry if I'm just making some really stupid mistake here
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

The script is run successfully. The problem is that you're using [wiki]Print[/wiki] instead of [wiki]PrintBold[/wiki] to do your testing.

While this isn't related to this issue, you need the #library [wiki]directive[/wiki] at the top of the ACS file, before even #include.

Code: Select all

#library "HASCRIPT"
heehoo

Post by heehoo »

Blue Shadow wrote:The script is run successfully. The problem is that you're using [wiki]Print[/wiki] instead of [wiki]PrintBold[/wiki] to do your testing.

While this isn't related to this issue, you need the #library [wiki]directive[/wiki] at the top of the ACS file, before even #include.

Code: Select all

#library "HASCRIPT"
You're right, changed it to printbold and it did work. Tried it with different commands and they went off, maybe I was just using those wrong. Thank you for your time :D

Return to “Scripting”