Clean scaling graphics with high pixel density

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Nash

Clean scaling graphics with high pixel density

Post by Nash »

I want to draw a fullscreen graphic with a higher pixel density fill up the screen with clean scaling. Please see image. Currently with DTA_CleanNoMove, if I attempt to draw the bigger image, the image will just be blown up and be scaled bigger beyond the current screen borders.

I want it to cleanly scale the graphic, like in the example at the right-most. How do I do this?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Clean scaling graphics with high pixel density

Post by Graf Zahl »

You say 'fullscreen' but then post non-fullscreen images as an example. What precisely do you want?
Nash

Post by Nash »

The image in the OP is a mockup of what a full screen 1920x1080 would look like. I thought I labeled everything clearly already. I want to clean scale a high resolution graphic. Let's say I am authoring graphics assets that target a 640x400 canvas instead of 320x200.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Hopefully these images describe my problem better. Look closely at the character picture in the bottom image. It's in a higher resolution.

I want to draw the graphic with clean scaling and positioning (DTA_CleanNoMove, and also using the CleanX/Yfac variables for positioning).

I want it framed exactly like in the first image. What I'm trying to achieve here is drawing a clean scaled graphic at double density.

Return to “Scripting”