How do the Teleporter (Hide and Seek) weapon class works?

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Barny-kun

How do the Teleporter (Hide and Seek) weapon class works?

Post by Barny-kun »

Please, could someone help me? How do the Teleporter (Hide and Seek) weapon class works? I mean that hitscan weapon that shoots to a place and then makes you teleport to that place. I tried downloading and looking into the wad but unfortunelly it's hardcoded. I'm trying to make a ghost girl who can teleports itself, if someone know how to do that, or have a clean script of the teleporter's weapon from the wad Hide and Seek, i would appreciate the help!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: How do the Teleporter (Hide and Seek) weapon class works

Post by wildweasel »

Um...do you have a link?
Barny-kun

Re: How do the Teleporter (Hide and Seek) weapon class works

Post by Barny-kun »

wildweasel wrote:Um...do you have a link?
You mean the Hide and Seek wad? I downloaded it from here, but the script that teleports the player class is compiled and it's impossible to look into:
Spoiler:
And the wad i'm working into only have some sprites of players and the ghosr girl and a decorate lump with the players code. I'm trying to figure out how to make the teleport thing.

EDIT:
Ok, i managed to make it!!
Spoiler:
There is only one problem now: When i shoot the fast projectile that teleports me at a wall that isn't aligned, straight, it somehow doesn't seem to works.
Last edited by Barny-kun on Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Scripting”