Monster that attack player's allies

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Jif_ITFe

Monster that attack player's allies

Post by Jif_ITFe »

Hello, this its my first post

well, like the title say:
How can I make a monster that attack as much as the player and his allies?

When a monster has a player's ally in front of him he does absolutely nothing unless he shoots him first, then the monster will start shooting him too. What I want is that as soon as the monster sees the player's ally start chasing him and shooting him.

I hope you have understood me
Enjay

Re: Monster that attack player's allies

Post by Enjay »

You might be able to do something with [wiki]Thing_Hate[/wiki] in an ACS script. The Friendly flag in GZDoom only does what you have observed. I believe that the helper dogs in the MBF sourceport behaved like you want "out of the box" and those actors are supported in GZDoom, but only using GZDoom friendly logic.

Re: Monster that attack player's allies

Post by Guest »

Thing_Hate could work, but I found another solution, A_AlertMonsters with a AMF_TARGETEMITTER flag.
Now I just need to put it with a good decorate.
Thank you

Return to “Scripting”