[DECORATE] Giving Lost Souls a custom damage type

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Boondorl

[DECORATE] Giving Lost Souls a custom damage type

Post by Boondorl »

Is there an easy way to do this? I've tried using DamageType but that doesn't seem to apply to A_SkullAttack.
Enjay

Re: [DECORATE] Giving Lost Souls a custom damage type

Post by Enjay »

This thread might be of use to you.

viewtopic.php?f=122&t=61963
Boondorl

Re: [DECORATE] Giving Lost Souls a custom damage type

Post by Boondorl »

Alas, ZScript is off limits since I'm keeping it Zandronum compatible for the better multiplayer support. Many of my headaches could be easily solved if I could just override functions.

I have thought about the melee puff solution, though. My only problem is how it kinda ruins compatibility with other mods that might not change the melee damage type. I guess I'll just have to deal with it. It's only going to affect Pain Elementals, after all, and you certainly don't want to be standing next to these ones.

Return to “Scripting”